Sunday, December 14, 2008

October 28-31, 2008
I am crazy, I know, but this year, we needed a new roof, and by golly that is what we got in 3 1/2 days! Blood, sweat, tears, and a piece of my thumb are all up on that roof. Luckily I had a lot of help and we can rest assured that the roof will not leak for at least a good 10 years. I was surprised how many people thought it was strange to see me working on the roof, don't all housewives reroof their homes?











As you can see, I laid around a lot on the job!











This is the damage I did to my thumb 1 hour into it! It wasn't that bad of a cut, but I went into shock anyway, and barely got off the roof before I started to black out. Luckily Casey was home to take care of me and get me bandages. The good thing about fingers is that they heal really good. If you looked at my thumb today, you wouldn't have guessed I almost smashed it to bits with a hammer!

3 comments:

Mr. Winfree said...

Your finger looks gross! I'm glad you made it off the roof....
We'll see you on Christmas Eve!

Abby said...

Ack! Gross thumb! Gross thumb! Glad it's feeling better. And glad you didn't pass out on the roof and kill yourself.

You couldn't pay me enough to reroof our home. I'm scared to death of heights. If I weren't, I wouldn't have a problem doing it. More power to ya.

Jen said...

You are one amazing woman! Roofing with the best of them! Sorry your thumb got damaged, but at least that is all it was and it healed. And you got pictures to prove how brave you are! Go Molli! :D